This stunning 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom property is located in rather remote, wooded, hilly countryside between Great Henny and Twinstead – roughly midway between Sudbury and Halstead.
Grade II Listed, it is believed to date back to the 16th Century and is constructed predominantly from timber frame with rendered, colour washed walls. The building is in ‘T’ shaped plan form and of one storey with attics with large crosswings at the north end projecting forward to the west.
Internally, there are stunning features such as panelled doors, inglenook fireplaces with chamfered mantel beams, herringbone brick floors and intricate carvings. Sadly, the photos don’t really do the property justice, this farmhouse needs to be seen to be truly appreciated.
- Kitchen complete with Range
- Scullery with Butler Sink
- Utility room with washing room
- Boot room
- Cloakroom toilet
- Snug with wood burning stove
- Stunning reception room with intricate carvings and tapestries
- Large reception room with leaded light bay window and impressive fireplace.
- Large master bedroom with leaded light bay window
- Family bathroom with roll top bath
- 3 good size bedrooms with various period features
- Another family bathroom with shower over bath.
- Large, enclosed garden to the rear of the property
- Gated, gravel drive with parking for several cars
*** There are stables and paddock available within 100m of the farmhouse, for those who may be interested. These will be available at additional cost to the rent listed here and are best discussed further by telephone or by viewing in person ***
Minimum tenancy 12 months.